Navigating change is difficult. When you want to resolve conflict, you need an expert to guide you safely through the process. An experienced divorce mediator located in Brooklyn, Rachel Green can provide neutral ground for negotiation. She will give you the information you need to find the Solution to Resolution. Rachel is trained to improve communication and help you brainstorm to consider all of your options before you make decisions.
The Best Possible Divorce Process
The family restructuring which takes place when a long-term relationship ends in divorce is always stressful. It is my hope to you and your family to achieve as many of these as possible:
- To help the two of you to sustain a positive relationship after the divorce so that you can continue parenting your children and relating to other extended family members.
- To help strengthen your life skills about communication, parenting asset management and support issues, and each be better able to manage all of these areas separately after the divorce.
- To minimize the length of time of the divorce process, so that all members of your family are freed from the ongoing stress of unfinished business.
- To avoid the deleterious effects of the adversarial legal process, which tends to pit people against each other.
- The process should help your family to benefit from the economic and tax benefits of collaborative tax planning.
- The outcome should provide some measure of economic parity after the divorce.
- The process is cost-effective, and leaves the bulk of your assets in the family.
- Both of you are, as much as possible, satisfied with the outcome and understand why each gave up some things and received others.
Visit How Divorce Mediation Works to see how divorce mediator Rachel Green can help you through the divorce process.
- For Rachel’s BLOG check out the new posts in Mediation Musings, CLICK HERE.
Credentials & Experience
Rachel Fishman Green, Esq. is an attorney who began her practice as a divorce and family mediator in 1995.
To learn more about Rachel, and the other mediators who work ReSolutions, please visit the About Us page.
Rachel graduated cum laude from Boston University School of Law in 1990.
She is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York where she Chairs the Ethics Committee and the Domestic Violence Task Force and, for 5 years, was the Editor-In-Chief of that organization’s newsletter, Council News. Rachel is a frequent presenter on Ethics and Domestic Violence at conferences and seminars given by the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, and the Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York. She was the keynote speaker, in 2002, at the annual conference for the Michigan Association of Court Mediators.
Rachel has also been awarded the achievement of the Advanced Practitioner Level membership in the Academy of Family Mediators, the Association for Conflict Resolution, and the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation.
Rachel is a certified mediator by “Safe Horizon’s” Brooklyn Mediation Center, and a certified Arbitrator of Matrimonial Fee Disputes for the Second Judicial District serving Kings County.
She also mediates disputes about allegations of attorney misconduct, referred to her by the Judicial Grievance Committee, Second Department.
Rachel has helped divorcing and separating couples resolve conflicts concerning all aspects of divorce, including division of homes, time with the children, dividing small businesses, fair distribution of pension assets, child support, division of health and child care expenses for children, tax aspects of divorce, how to bring new girlfriends/boyfriends into children’s lives.
For those wishing to mediate but unable to come to Brooklyn, ReSolutions Mediation has an office on the Upper East Side of Manhattan as well. Mediation services are available in both Spanish and French at the Upper East Side location.